THE CONCEPTION, CHARACTER AND CATALYZING INFLUENCE OF THE MORAVIAN MOVEMENT
“Will the Lord reject us forever? Will he never show his favor again? Has his unfailing love vanished forever? Has his promise failed for all time? Has God forgotten to be merciful? Has he in anger withheld his compassion? Then I thought, to this I will appeal: the years of the right hand of the Most High. I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago. I will meditate on all your works and consider all your mighty deeds.” Ps. 77: 7-12
“…That you may be blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and perverse generation, in which you shine as lights in the world; holding forth the word of life.” Phil. 2: 15-16
“You are meant to incarnate in your lives the theme of your adoration, you are to be taken, consecrated, broken and distributed, that you may be the means of grace and vehicles of the eternal charity.” -Augustine
“God hath had it much on His heart, from all eternity to glorify His dear and only begotten Son; and there are some special seasons that He appoints to that end, wherein He comes forth with omnipotent power to fulfill His promise and oath to Him: and these times are times of remarkable pouring out of His Spirit, to advance His Kingdom; such a day is a day of His power.” -Jonathan Edwards
1. Pierson, Paul E., “Historical Development of the Christian Movement”. (Fuller
Theological Seminary, MH 520. Fall 1998), 61.
2. Schoenbawm, S., William Shakespeare. (
3. Grant, George, “Church History I”. (Victory Leadership Institute. Fall 1998),
6. Joyner, Rick, Three Witnesses. (Charlotte: Morning Star Publications, 1997), 29.
7. Drummond, Lewis, Eight Keys to Biblical Revival. (
8. Curtis, A. K., Lang and Petersen, The 100 Most Important Events in Christian
History. (Grand Rapids: Fleming H. Revell, 1991), 88.
9. Ibid, 89.
10. Henderson, D. Michael, John Wesley’s Class Meeting. (Nappanee: Evangel, 1997),
11. Shelley, Bruce L., Church History in Plain Language. (Dallas: Word, 1992), 344.
12. Latourette, Kenneth Scott, A History of Christianity, Vol. II. (
Row, 1953), 894.
14. Chadwick, Owen, A History of Christianity. (New York: St. Martin’s, 1995), 241.
15. Bosch, David J., Transforming
16. Ibid, 254.
17. Elwell, Walter A., The Concise Evangelical Dictionary of Theology. (Grand Rapids: Baker, 1991), 568.
18. Durmmond, 84.
19. Mellis, Charles J., Committed Communities. (Pasedena: William Carey, 1976), 41.
20. Vos, Howard F., Exploring Church History. (Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 1994), 116.
21. Shelley, 348.
22. Wagner, C. Peter, The New Apostolic Churches. (Ventura: Regal, 1998), 16.
23. Kennedy, John W., The Torch of the Testimony. (Auburn: Christian Books, 1965), 194.
24. Thompson, Ernest T., Through the Ages. (Richmond: CLC, 1965), 255.
26. Joyner, 23-24.
27. Sirotnak, Tom, Ultimate Warriors. (Nashville: Broadman & Holman, 1996), 85.
28. Joyner, 26.
29. Mellis, 41.
30. Durmmond, 84.
31. Damazio, Frank, The Vanguard Leader. (Portland: Bible Temple, 1994), 6-7.
32. Wallis, Arthur, In the Day of Thy Power. (Columbia: City Hill, 1956), 131.
33. Joyner, 27.
34. Ibid, 27-28.
36. Ibid, 52.
37. Ibid, 93.
38. Ibid, 57.
39. Ibid, 48.
40. Ibid, 21.
41. Ibid, 86.
42. Hamon, Bill, The
43. Vos, 116.
45. Vos 116.
46. Joyner, 34.
47. Pierson, 126.
48. Kennedy, 194.
49. Ibid, 189.
51. Hunter, George G. III, To Spread The Power. (Nashville: Abingdon, 1987), 40.
53. Ibid, 66.
54. Ibid, 67.
55. McKenna, David C., The Coming Great Awakening. (Downers Grove: Inter Varsity, 1990), 85, 89.
57. Pierson, 126.
58. Bosch, 252.
59. Caldwell, Larry W., Missions and You! (Manila: CMF, 1994), 44.
60. Van Halsema, Dick & Thea, Going and Growing. (Grand Rapids: Baker, 1991), 11-12.
61. Mellis, 42.
62. Neill, Stephen, A History of Christian Missions. (London: Penguin, 1964), 202.
63. Wallis, 88.
65. George, Timothy, Faithful Witness. (Birmingham: New Hope, 1991), 41.
66. Curtis, 133-134.
67. Shibley, David, A Force in the Earth. (Orlando: Creation House, 1997), 7.
68. Bonnke, Reinhard, Evangelism By Fire. (Laguna Hills: R. Bonnke Ministries, 1993), 69.
69. Grant, Bringing in the Sheaves. (Atlanta: AVP, 1985), 110.
70. Sirotnak, Warriors. (Nashville: B&H, 1995), 168.
72. Joyner, 19.
73. George, 50.
74. Bonar, Andrew A., Memoir and Remains of Robert Murray McCheyne. (Grand Rapids: Baker 1978), 47.
Bonar, Andrew A. Memoir and Remains of Robert Murray McCheyne.
Bonnke, Reinhard. Evangelism by Fire.
Bosch, David J. Transforming
Caldwell, Larry W.
Chadwick, Owen. A History of Christianity.
Curtis, A. Kenneth, J. Stephen Lang, and Randy Petersen. The 100 Most Important
Events In Christian History.
Damazio, Frank. The Vanguard Leader.
Drummond, Lewis. Eight Keys to Biblical Revival.
Elwell, Walter A. The Concise Evangelical Dictionary of Theology.
Baker Books, 1991.
George, Timothy. Faithful Witness.
Grant, George. Bringing in the Sheaves.
Grant, George. Church History I. Victory Leadership Institute, Fall 1998.
Greenfield, John. Power From On High.
Hamon, Bill. The
Henderson, D. Micheal. John Wesley’s Class Meeting. Nappanee: Evangel Publishing
Hunter, George G. III. To Spread The Power.
Joyner, Rick. Three Witnesses.
Kennedy, John W. The Torch of the Testimony.
Latourette, Kenneth Scott. A History of Christianity, Vol. II.
McKenna, David L. The Coming Great Awakening.
Mellis, Charles J. Committed Communities.
Neill, Stephen. A History of Christian Missions.
Orr, J. Edwin. Campus Aflame.
Pierson, Paul E. Historical Development of the Christian Movement. Fuller Theological
Seminary, Fall 1998.
Schoenbaum, S. William Shakespeare.
Shelley, Bruce L. Church History in Plain Language.
Shibley, David. A Force in the Earth.
Sirotnak, Tom. Ultimate Warriors.
Sirotnak, Tom. Warriors.
Thompson, Ernest Trice. Through the Ages.
Van Halsema, Dick & Thea. Going and Growing.
Vos, Howard F. Exploring Church History.
Wagner, C. Peter. The New Apostolic Churches.
Wallis, Arthur. In The Day of Thy Power.
Walls, Andrew F. The Missionary Movement in Christian History. Maryknoll: Orbis